What is D Pharmacy course?
D Pharmacy (Diploma in Pharmacy ) is a two-year undergraduate diploma course in the field of medicine known as pharmacy. The medical field of Pharmacy is that deals with making, dispensing, and proper use of medications to treat. The program provides the necessary qualifications to become an authorised pharmacist in India. There is no specificization in D.Pharmacy. and the course only teaches the fundamental concepts of the pharmaceutical science.
Eligibility Criteria of D Pharmacy course is that the student should pass his/her 10+2 examination from any approved Board with minimum 45% marks in PCB/PCM.
Difference between D Pharm, B Pharm and Pharm D?
D-Pharma is the diploma of Pharmacy. It’s an 2 year course. The minimum required qualification is a minimum of 10+2 from a science stream. After that, you are eligible to go to earn a Bachelor’s degree. You can be able to get an lateral entry into the 2nd year of B-Pharma. However, it takes five years to complete an undergraduate degree in comparison to the B-Pharma. You will also receive an Pharmacy Shop License.
B-Pharma is the Bachelor of Pharmacy. It is a four-year course. The minimum requirement is a 10+2 grade from the science stream. This can also enable you to the Pharmacy Shop License.
Pharm D is the Doctor of Pharmacy. It is a Pharm. D course is a post-graduate, pre-PhD doctoral professional program lasting six years. It was introduced in 2008 by both The Government of India and the Pharmacy Council of India in the year 2008. Pharm. D is a postgraduate degree that graduates are able to directly apply for Ph.D. The minimum requirement is 10+2 in an academic stream in science.
Check Also – D Pharmacy 1st Year Notes
What to do after D Pharmacy ?
There are many alternatives after A pharmacy that is located in India. Check out the following…
- You could work as a medical business representative (MR)
- You may be able to pass a gov pharmacist test (railway, ESIC, Actrec, AIIMS, etc.) upon the basis of the diploma.
- Clinical pharmacists can be found within private health facilities.
- You could work in the manufacturing plant of cosmetics and medicines as well. (chemist, analyst, operator, etc.)
- You could start your own manufacturing business products such as Ayurveda formulation , etc.
- You can further your education through the b pharm.
- You can work at a private business or as a clinical CRO pharmacist at a drug store.
- You can sell your own product on the market with the self-marketing authorization.
Which course is best after D Pharmacy ?
D. Pharmacy is a practical-oriented course designed to instruct the students the fundamental concepts of the field of pharmaceutical science, such as:
- Secure and precise prescriptions are processed with accuracy and safety.
- Compounding and dispensing medicines
- Record-keeping that is accurate as required by the Food and Drug Act
- Control of Inventory, Purchasing, and Merchandising control
- Third-party Billing
- Processes for approving drugs
- Control of Narcotics
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence (Pharmacy professional related law)
- The requirements of the regulatory framework for testing and screening as well as clinical trials for drugs
Following the completion of a graduation from the Pharmacy Diploma What are the most popular courses offered in the pharmacy?
The demand for pharmacy programs is increasing in the health sciences and is a very popular subject among students. The range of pharmacy courses spans from undergraduate level to doctoral degree.
1. Master of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) – 4 years
2. Master of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) Lateral Entry 3 years
3. Pharm (Hons.) 4 years
4. Doctor of Pharmacy (Ayurveda) 4-years
5. Doctor of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) 2-year period
6. 6. (Post Baccalaureate) – 3 years
7. Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) up to 6 years
Doctorate and post-doctoral course:
Doctoral degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences – 3 years
Postdoctoral Researcher on Pharmaceutical Sciences – 2 years
B Pharmacy Notes – Carewell Pharma Notes
What are the Top D Pharmacy Colleges in India?
Top colleges for D Pharmacy in India are given below
- Government College of Pharmacy, Karad
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- PSG College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore
- Dr D Y Patil Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Pune
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Government Pharmacy Institute, Gulzarbagh
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai
- SLT Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences Bilaspur – SLT Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya
- Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar
- ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga
- Government Pharmacy College, Bangalore
- Christian School of Pharmacy, Allahabad
- LM College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad
- RC Patel College of Pharmacy – RC Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
- Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri
- Sri Aurobindo Institute of Pharmacy, Indore
- GNIPST Kolkata – Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology
- School of Health Sciences, UPES Dehradun – School of Health Sciences, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
- Dr BC Roy College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, Durgapur
What are the Subjects in D Pharmacy ?
Subjects of D. Pharmacy 1st Year are :-
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry-I
- Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Health Education & community pharmacy
Subjects of D. Pharmacy 2nd year are :-
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry-II
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug store and Business Management
- Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy