The richest women in the world are some of the most powerful and influential people in the world. They have a combined net worth of over $2 trillion, which makes them some of the wealthiest people on the planet.
This wealth has allowed these women to wield incredible power and influence. Some of the richest women in the world are heads of major corporations, political leaders, and philanthropists. They have also helped to shape the world we live in by playing a role in policymaking and finance.
These amazing women are a force to be reckoned with, and their stories underscore just how far one can go if they have enough money and drive.
8 Amazing Facts About Them
1. The Richest women in the world are worth an estimated $5 trillion.
2. The youngest woman to become a self-made female billionaire is 31-year-old Siobhan Dunn from Ireland.
3. The richest woman in the world is Oprah Winfrey with a net worth of $3.8 billion.
4. Melinda Gates, co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, is the richest woman in the world with a net worth of $36 billion.
5. Amancio Ortega Philanthropy Foundation founded by Amancio Ortega is the wealthiest charity in the world with an estimated endowment of $67 billion.
6. In 2002, Christy Walton became the richest women in the world by inheriting WalMart stock that was worth an estimated $25 billion at the time.
7. Jacqueline Novogratz, who started her own investment firm Clarity Partners in 2012, has an estimated net worth of $1 billion as of May 2017.
8. In 2003, Susan Thompson became the first woman to lead a publicly traded company when she was named CEO of American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T).
- Jacqueline Mars is the richest woman in the world, with an estimated net worth of $5.5 billion.
- Mars founded the Mars candy company in 1912.
- The company became one of the largest candy companies in the world, and Mars was inducted into the Food & Beverage Hall of Fame in 1984.
- In 1988, Mars founded PetCareRx, which became one of the largest pet pharmacy chains in the United States.
- In 2000, she sold PetCareRx to Procter & Gamble for $2.9 billion.
- Jacqueline Mars is also a philanthropist, donating millions of dollars to charity over the years. She has been particularly active in Supporting Children’s Healthcare Foundation (SCHF), which provides medical assistance to low-income children and families around the world.
- Miriam Adelson is the richest woman in the world, with a net worth of $43.8 billion as of March 2018.
- She is the founder and CEO of the Las Vegas Sands Corporation, which is one of the largest casino companies in the world.
- She also owns a number of other businesses, including real estate, hotels, and newspapers.
- Adelson has donated millions of dollars to various charities, including those that support Israel and children’s hospitals.
- She has been married three times and has five children.
- Abigail Johnson is the richest woman in the world and the president and CEO of Fidelity Investments.
- She is also a member of the Forbes 400 list, which is composed of the richest people in the world.
- In 2017, she was listed as the second richest woman in the world with a net worth of $39.9 billion.
- Johnson is also a philanthropist who has donated millions of dollars to various charities.
- She was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1962.
- Johnson attended Smith College where she earned her degree in economics and mathematics in 1984.
- After college, she worked for several financial institutions before joining Fidelity Investments in 1990.
- Johnson has been involved with Fidelity for more than 25 years and has helped to grow the company into one of the largest investment firms in the world.
Iris Fontbona is the richest woman in the world and her net worth is estimated at $32.1 billion.
- Her wealth comes from her family’s mining company, Fontbona Mines, which has been operating for over a century.
- Iris has been married three times and has two children. She also has five grandchildren.
- Iris is a philanthropist and she donates extensively to charity, both in her home country of Peru and elsewhere around the world.
- Iris is a member of the World Economic Forum and the Peruvian Academy of Sciences.
- Iris is a driving force behind the fight against child labour in Peru.
- Iris is a strong advocate for women’s rights and she has served on various boards and committees throughout her life.
- Fan Hongwei is the richest woman in the world and she has a net worth of $32.5 billion.
- She is the founder and chairman of the GSK group, which is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Fan is also a major shareholder in several other businesses, including auto manufacturer Tesla and beverage company Coca-Cola.
- Fan was born in 1957 in Wuhan, China and she has a degree in pharmacy from Wuhan University.
- In 1985, Fan founded GSK with her brother and they began to grow rapidly as a pharmaceutical company. GSK now employs over 270,000 people worldwide and generates annual revenues of over $50 billion.
- Fan is married and has two children. She has been nicknamed the “Queen of Pharmacies” and “China’s Warren Buffett”.
1) Renata Kellnerova is the richest woman in the world, with a net worth of $28.5 billion.
2) She inherited her fortune from her father, who was one of the Czech Republic’s leading entrepreneurs.
3) She is also a philanthropist, and has donated millions of dollars to charity.
4) She owns a large number of properties around the world, including a castle in the Czech Republic and a luxury estate in Dubai.
5) Renata Kellnerova is a member of the European Parliament.
Laurene Powell Jobs
- Laurene Powell Jobs is the richest woman in the world, with a net worth of $41.5 billion as of 2019.
- She is the widow of Steve Jobs, the co-founder and CEO of Apple, and she is also the daughter of Walter Powell, one of the inventors of the mouse.
- Powell Jobs has a long history in business, having started her own company, NeXT, in 1985.
- In 1997, she was appointed CEO of HP, which at the time was the fifth largest company in the world.
- Under her leadership, HP grew rapidly and reached a market value of $33 billion by 2000.
- In 2007, she was appointed CEO of Apple after its acquisition by Microsoft Corporation. She served as CEO until 2011, when she was removed from that position due to disagreements with Tim Cook over operational strategy.
- Powell Jobs currently serves as chairwoman of Emerson Collective, a philanthropic organization founded by her husband that focuses on social justice and environmentalism.
Kirsten Rausing is one of the richest women in the world.
Kirsten Rausing is a millionaire who is best known for her work in the food industry. She is the founder and chairman of the company IKEA, one of the world’s largest furniture retailers. Kirsten Rausing has an estimated net worth of $5.1 billion.
In addition to her work in the food industry, Kirsten Rausing is also involved in a number of charitable causes. She is a member of the Royal Academy of Engineering and a patron of The Prince’s Trust. Her philanthropic work has earned her several awards, including an Honorary Doctorate from University College London and an Honorary Degree from Edinburgh Napier University.
Kirsten Rausing is one of the richest women in the world and she has used her wealth to help charity and promote entrepreneurship. She is an inspiring figure who shows that anything is possible if you are willing to work hard for it.
- Blair Parry-Okeden is the richest woman in the world, with a net worth of $13.7 billion as of March 2019.
- She is the founder and CEO of Gold Rush Ventures, one of the largest venture capital firms in the world.
- Parry-Okeden has started or backed more than 60 companies, including Shopify, Hootsuite, and Barefoot Wine.
- Parry-Okeden also owns a stake in Maple Leaf Foods and is an advisor to Walmart Canada.
- In 2018, she was named one of the world’s most influential women by Forbes magazine.
Melinda Gates is fourth richest woman in the world. She is co-founder and chairwoman of Microsoft Corporation, one of the largest technology companies in the world.
- Melinda Gates is the richest woman in the world, with a net worth of $81.9 billion as of March 2018.
- Gates is the founder of The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world.
- The Gates Foundation has funded a wide range of projects, including work to reduce child mortality, improve maternal health worldwide, and provide clean water to millions of people.
- Gates was also one of the founders of Microsoft Corporation, where she served as Chief Software Officer from 1994 to 2000.
- In 2017, Forbes magazine named her the second most powerful woman in the world, behind Angela Merkel.
Zhong Huijuan is the richest woman in the world, with a net worth of $32.5 billion.
Born in 1949 in China, Zhong Huijuan started her career as a university professor. In 1984, she founded the privately-held company Dalian Wanda Group. The company is now one of the biggest property developers in China and has operations in more than 20 countries.
Zhong Huijuan is also a major philanthropist, giving away over $1.5 billion to charitable causes over the past decade. She has donated money to build hospitals and schools, as well as support other social programs.
Zhong Huijuan is one of the most successful women in the world, and her wealth reflects that. Thanks to her hard work and dedication, she has become one of the richest women in history.
Ann Walton Kroenke
One of the richest women in the world is Ann Walton Kroenke. She is the owner of the Kroenke family business, which is a major stakeholder in McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, and other major companies.
Ann Walton Kroenke was born in 1942 in Bentonville, Arkansas. Her father was an accountant and her mother was a homemaker. Walton grew up in a middle class family and did not have any contact with wealthy families or people who were involved in business.
In 1974, Walton married Michael Kroenke, who at that time was just starting his own business. The couple had two children together: Josh and Meg. In 2002, they divorced.
Ann Walton Kroenke is now one of the richest women in the world and has a net worth of $5.1 billion as of 2016. Much of her wealth comes from her stake in the family business.
Victoria Mar is the richest woman in the world, and she’s not afraid to show it. She is the founder and CEO of the fashion brand Victoria’s Secret, which has annual sales of over $17 billion. She also has a stake in other businesses, including Bodysuit Limited and L Brands.
Mar was born in Havana, Cuba, in 1961. Her father was a doctor and her mother was a housewife. When Mar was nine years old, her family moved to the United States, where she started working at a pizzeria.
Mar began her career in fashion as a designer for Frederick’s of Hollywood. In 1990, she founded Victoria’s Secret with her brother Roy Raymond. The company quickly became one of the most successful brands in the world.
Mar is married to Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin Group. They have two children together.
- Marijke Mars is the founder of two of the world’s largest beauty brands: L’Oreal and Revlon.
- She has an estimated net worth of $24.9 billion.
- Mars is the richest woman in the world, and the second richest woman in France, after Liliane Bettencourt.
- In 2014, she was named as one of Forbes’ “100 Most Powerful Women.”
- Mars has been involved with numerous charities throughout her life, and has funded a number of medical research projects.
- In 2013, she was awarded an honorary doctorate from Trinity College Dublin.
- Mars has been married four times: to Jacques-Henri Lartigue (1947-1956), Serge Dassault (1957-1979), Walter Ritz (1980-1993), and Jean-Paul Gaultier (1994-2007).
- She has four children: daughters Alexandra (born 1978) and Leslie (born 1981), son Pierre (born 1980), and son Jean Baptiste (born 1995).
There is no doubt that the richest women in the world are some of the most powerful and influential members of society. In this article, we take a look at some amazing facts about these high-flying ladies, from their beginnings to their current successes. From business moguls to philanthropists, it’s clear that these women have something special to offer the world – let’s hope that they continue to use their influence for good!
Read this blog also- 10 Best Motivational Speaker in India | Top Motivational Speaker