The Ayurvedic Treatment involves the consumption of herbs and changes in diet/lifestyle. Let’s know how Ayurveda can protect the heart from Coronary Artery Disease
The heart is the pumping organ of the body and it helps in the proper circulation of the blood and maintains the heart rate of the body. When the plaque is deposited in the coronary arteries, it leads to the improper functioning of the heart and it can also be lethal to the body.
A person with coronary artery disease, experiences chest pain, pressure in the chest region, shortness of breath, and fatigue. If not managed on time it can lead to various complications like stroke, heart attack, or cardiac arrest.
Choosing Ayurveda for heart disease is the best and most effective choice as it will heal the heart so that it can function properly. The Ayurvedic approach is natural and free from any side effects. It aims to remove the root cause of the disease and also fight the reversibility of the disease.
The natural herbs involved in Coronary Artery Disease Ayurvedic Treatment are:
- Garlic: It is the best kitchen herb used to fight heart diseases. It helps the arteries in flowing the blood smoothly. The garlic also prevents the build-up of plaque in the arteries.
- Curcumin: With its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps with inflammation. It is also known to lower bad cholesterol levels, which protects the heart.
- Holy basil: This herb is almost grown in every Indian home. It has medicinal properties and is used to regulate cholesterol levels in the blood. If regular consumption of this herb is done, it helps in preventing various heart diseases. Additionally, it is also known to combat stress.
- Cayenne: It is an excellent herb for improving blood circulation and also reduces the levels of cholesterol in the blood.
- Arjuna: This herb promotes the healthy functioning of the heart. It helps in strengthening the muscles of the heart and improves cardiac muscle co-ordination. It is the best herb used in the natural treatment for coronary artery disease.
- Amla: It is abundantly rich in Vitamin C and helps in keeping the heart healthy. It reduces the inflammation and manages the levels of cholesterol in the body. Moreover, it also known to regulate the blood pressure levels in the body.
- Pushkarmool: It has potency to control the coronary artery disease. It helps in managing the blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Moreover, it also improves the blood circulation in the body which helps in fighting this disease.
- Ashwagandha: It has multiple benefits and is widely used because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It is best used in powder form and prevents heart diseases.
- Guggul:It helps in reducing inflammation and lowers down the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Turmeric: With the anti inflammatory properties, it is known to help with the inflammation and is an excellent remedy for protecting the heart.
Food habits for the Ayurvedic Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease.
- Start including fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Also drink the juice which will help in promoting a heathy lifestyle.
- Start including raw and boiled food items in your diet.
- Avoid all the food items that include oil, saturated fats, excess of sugar, salt,and spices in the diet.
- The processed food items, instant food items, ready to make mixtures must not be the part of your daily routine.
- Carbonated drinks, fizzy drinks, caffeine must be avoided at all costs. They are toxic to the body and harms the body.
- Drink plenty of water. Also add coconut water and milk in your diet.
Lifestyle Modifications that will Aid in Coronary Artery Disease Ayurvedic Treatment are:
- Adopt an active routine. Do not just sit for the whole day, because it will put you at a greater risk of obesity.
- Plan an exercise regimen that will help you and your body in maintaining your levels of blood pressure and cholesterol. Make sure the body is not over-exerted and the workout routine does not put stress on the muscles and the heart.
- For the stress part, you can meditate as this technique helps in rejuvenating the mind, body, and soul. It also helps in soothing the nervous system which helps in easing out the body and keeps the negative thoughts away from the mind.
- Performing Yoga will help the body immensely. It will also boost brain activity and release any kind of tension & stress from the body.
- Go out for brisk walking and a mild jog. Nature always helps. The blood circulation will be proper and the oxygen will be enriched in the blood and lungs.
Before planning any routine, consult an expert for the best results.