QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 is a technical error that should be fixed immediately. This error appears with an error message stating “QuickBooks unable to open the company file on the hosted system”. This error message indicates that the user is unable to access the QuickBooks company file. Such an issue is result of when more than one user tries to access the company file. Also, when there is a mismatch between the company and also the transaction log file.
In case you are also facing QuickBooks error code 6190, then in that case you can feel free to contact our team professionals or read this post till the end.
Common factors behind QuickBooks error 6190
This error is seen when another user is logged into the company file in single user mode. The user might also face this issue, due to below listed error:
- In case registry file are missing or damaged.
- Moreover, in case of any virus or malware badly infects the system files, the user might end up in such an issue.
- The transaction log file doesn’t match with the company file, such an error could be seen
- In case the installation of QuickBooks software is improper or incomplete.
- Or the QuickBooks update failed or another user is accessing the company files in single user mode.
- Another reason can be QuickBooks associated programs or files are missing or damaged.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6190
The user can perform the below steps and repair the QuickBooks registry files. The steps to be performed are:
- The first step is to hit windows or start tab.
- And then enter the command in the type in box.
- And then press Ctrl + Shift keys and hit enter key.
- In case the user is not using the admin credentials, then it is important for the user to enter the admin password, and click on all positive options.
- This will direct to command prompts windows pop up.
- In the command prompt screen, the suer needs to type in the regedit and hit enter key.
- The registry editor will appear on the display. And then select the key associated with the error.
- Press the export and save options.
- And save the file with an extension .reg
- The last step is to pursue the instructions to edit the registry files manually.
The user can perform the above steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6190. However, if the error persists, then in that case, we recommend you to speak to our team professionals at 1-844-405-0906. Our QuickBooks desktop support team professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services instantly.